Wednesday, 15 June 2011

Top Killers of South Africans

"I do not fear death," said Mark Twain, "I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it."

Apparently, according to research done, the top killers of South Africa are:

Cancer
Cardiovascular diseases
Smoking
Depression
Driving
Crime
And, if you were a Rhino, poaching. According to rhinoconservation.org, 330 rhinos were killed in 2010, up from 2009's 122 deaths.

Yet if we look at this closely, barring the Rhinos which makes me cry, the majority of the killers are all triggered either through smoking, obesity or lack of common sense.

Did you know that 61% of adults in South Africa are obese and this number is increasing. That is insane. I'm pretty sure some of the factors behind this are high red meat and beer filled diets with a severe lack of vegetables and fruit.
Obesity is Suicide ads
More worrying is the increase in fat children! Shouldn't kids be running around, searching for adventure and living life to the full rather than wobbling around with cankles? What kind of parent stuffs their child with endless amounts of sugar and fat?

The disease of smoking is growing worse and I seriously don't get it. I get wanting to eat mountains of cake but I don't understand the allure of messing up my voice so that I sound like a wheezing Grandpa when I speak nor do I understand wanting to smell of stale smoke, to have yellow tinged fingers and deep set wrinkles around my mouth. It doesn't really scream SEX BOMB now does it. And for guys, dude, your penis is suffering. Why even go there?
Just look at Kate Moss. How can she be voted as one of the World's hottest women?

And as for common sense....


No hope.


No comments:

Post a Comment