Wednesday, 27 July 2011

Devon Valley Art Expo with Nico Van Rensburg

Last night I enjoyed a delightful culturally filling evening at Devon Valley Hotel with the opening of Nico van Rensburg art collection who happens to be one of South Africa’s best-known artists. I found out later on that evening that his works can be seen in the art collections of many municipalities, universities and corporations and he is widely recognized as a key-note speaker on art and its innovations.
His collection is to be at the hotel until the 31st August and the opening lats night was glorious. I arrived to glass of Sylvanvale Rosé which was divine and I am not a Rosé girl at all. I was then offered canapés that literally cuddled my tummy. Devon Valley's Bobotie truffles are amazing. I couldn't keep away from them. Then there were brie and cranberry sauce filo wraps and tempura prawns paired with a delicious Pinotage. Let me not forget the mini cheesecakes, spoonfuls of creme brulee and chocolate covered strawberries.
You may be wondering whether I actually managed to look at any of the art....with a glass in one hand and my camera in the other I took pictures of the ones that stood out the most for me. Notice how he uses a lot of reds and oranges, a very masculine and bold colour which adds a warming factor in this cold.
All in all, it was a wonderful evening and I enjoyed every evening.









No comments:

Post a Comment