Wednesday, 6 July 2011

Home truths

After turning 23 on 1st July, I have come to the realisation that I now understand a lot more than I used to. You might even say that I have matured as a person.

To prove this point, I have found out 10 things about myself and about the world around me that I previously didn’t really see or chose to see….things that I should perhaps improve on in my 23rd year?

1) I cannot tell if I’m hungry or if it is just boredom
2) Sarcasm is still the highest form of my wit and is used in abundance in arguments
3) I’m terrified of the technology that will be released after BLU-RAY, I’m only just getting used to my husband’s addiction
4) Olives are not an “adult taste”.
5) I don’t remember ever not being a tiny bit tired
6) Often, I can look at the clock at least 3 times and I still don’t know what time it is
7) I lose my keys, my bag, my phone and sometimes my car BUT, I will never lose the ability to turn over in mid sleep, with my eyes closed, and hit the snooze button.
8) I get some of my best ideas on the toilet
9) There is still a part of me, from watching The Truman Show, that wonders if I’m being watched from behind my mirrors.
10) After all the lessons, threats of detention and the fountain pens, my handwriting now resembles the scrawl of a blind toddler…meaning that it is far worse than when I actually started to write.

Have you got any “truths” you wish to share?

No comments:

Post a Comment