Wednesday, 3 August 2011

Diet



The word diet strikes fear into even the most stalwart of folks and it is word I try not to wave around unless it is in front of my husband which doesn't usually bode well for me:

Husband: You want to go out for dinner?
Me: I can't, I'm on a diet. I can only have soup.
Husband: But you just sat eating peanut butter with a spoon.
Me: It is an essential fat that my body needs.
Husband: You're an essential fat that needs to come out for dinner because i'm sick of soup.
Me: Okay

So really, the word diet sticks to me like wet cellotape.

But this time, I'm on a really important diet. I'm staying away from wheat, gluten and caffeine in an attempt to self diagnose these stomach cramps I get rather sporadically. I've been gluten-free since last Tuesday and I don't feel any different but i'm only just trying to go without my morning coffee fix. It's a good thing that coffee, besides making me want to wee every 15mins, doesn't give me a buzz because then I may have the shakes without so i'm pretty confident that i'll be able to handle it.

What I can't handle is not being able to make banana bread but I can suppress that with more peanut butter right.....*sigh* I need to try and last for 2 weeks so let's see how well that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment