Wednesday, 31 August 2011

When Mr H came back...

The Happily-ever-after-invented_large

Yesterday Mr H got back from his 10 day trip around the North Easterly areas of South Africa. I was ecstatic. It has felt as though he's been away for months and it gets rather lonely in the flat, although, I have enjoyed sleeping horizontally over the bed.
Getting back from work yesterday to be greeted by him was magical. That first kiss after days without brought about overexcited butterflies and I swear there was a mini firework display going off in our lounge. As the evening progressed we got straight back into our normal routine:

Mr H: What do you want to eat?
Me: I can make chilli con carne?
Mr H: But you don't really want to cook do you?
Me: There are a lot of things I don't like doing but I do them....(which I didn't mean to say)
Mr H: Okay then, let's get something else. What do you want?
Me: I dunno
Mr H: You must know
Me: I don't know. Do you know?
Mr H: Shante, really?
Me: Okay, okay. Pizza?
Mr H: fine

After getting the pizza (which I also had the night before...eek) Mr H then tells me that he never wanted pizza and that I should have cooked *sigh*. Anyway, we had our rather nasty thick and doughy pizza which had the wrong topping on (thanks Romans for messing that up) and watched The Sanctum....wrong choice of movie when you've just got back with your husband. I sobbed pretty much the whole way through whilst digging my nails into Mr H's back...and not in a sexual way either. After it had finished, we quickly put in Water for Elephants to beat away the melancholy but a few not so gentle snores where coming from Mr H and I knew that was the end of the evening.
As I lay there on the edge of the bed, clinging for dear life to the duvet and occasionally tapping Mr H in the face when he snored I realized that this was indeed true love and I wouldn't actually swap it for the world....I may just get us a bigger bed though.

No comments:

Post a Comment