Friday, 2 September 2011

Healthy Eating


When I see the words "health food" I think of kale, celery and other undesirable green foods that inspire a sense of nausea. I do try to eat healthy because I'm keen to stay youthful, beat the antioxidants and generally feel good but I my problem is that I love cookies and chocolate too much. You know me, I'm addicted to baking, how does a girl bake with hemp seed and Goji berries? She doesn't!

However, I've been on the look out for a way to incorporate healthy and good foods into my diet and to eliminate the bad foods. For instance, I have cut out all caffeine, mainly because I have an intolerance to it, but also because of what Kimberly Snyder says. She's this amazing healthy eating guru who invented this super charged green smoothie that promises inner and outer beauty. Something that I would like in abundance, not that I'm calling myself an ugly Betty, I would just like a lovely natural glow. I want to be healthy without spending a ridiculous amount on silly exotic ingredients that some ring-tailed Lemur had to scrounge for on the forest floor. Nor do I want to be subjected to torturous gym activities. I simply wish to eat well. Is that so much to ask?

I have therefore dragged Mr H into this scheme and starting from today, I'm eyeing up my first green smoothie right now, we shall be embarking on a new eating plan. However, I shall still be making cookies but just with gluten-free flour/rolled oats and dark organic chocolate chips. Yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment