Friday, 9 September 2011

A year in Cape Town...

Tumblr_lqv3748hmv1qbdwcio1_1280_large

Today marks the year anniversary of my move to South Africa. Yes, I have been in Cape Town for a whole year. The time has gone by so quickly that I feel as though I have been here my whole life. I do still miss England and it's comforts such as Terry's chocolate oranges, twigletts, H&M, historical buildings and of course, my dear family (read more here). However, I have grown quite fond of this rugged yet beautiful land with it's bi-polar weather, at least in England you can expect rain 90% of the time, and it's gloriously friendly people. So to celebrate, I've somehow managed to pick just a few things that I heart about Cape Town:

1) The Waterfront- I love that place and that might be because it's close to an English mall but also because of the buzz you get from being there.
2) Wine farms - I have gone from a girl who drinks tea to a girl who drinks bottles of wine....I'm not sure if that is a good thing but I love Fairview, Bon Courage, Rupert & Rothschild and Jc Le Roux. *hic*
3) Table Mountain - Every time I look at it, I am reminded of how small I am and how great this country is and can be.
4) Rugby - Never have I seen such a passion for the game and I love how it brings everyone together. Go Bokke!
5) The accent - My Husband has the sexiest South African accent ever! Yummy
6) Boutique eateries - Food plays such an important part over here and that suits me fine. My ridiculous cookie & cupcake eating habits have been satisfied.
7) Twitter - okay, I know it is not purely a South African thing but, through Twitter, I have become acquainted with some of the most amazing Capetonians. Some of whom I still haven't met but have been detrimental in helping me fit in. Cheers to you lovelies!


Image from http://weheartit.com/entry/14199092

1 comment:

  1. Happy 1 year anniversary. Here's wishing you many more happy years in SA. Number 7 rings true to me too, looking forward to meeting you soon ;-)

    ReplyDelete