Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Love & Marriage (After 8 months)


Today marks 8 months of being a Mrs. I like to celebrate these days because I think it is a big achievement, so I do a little "I'm a married woman" dance and walk around with a smile on my face all day. Marriage is a funny thing, two people living together, learning each others dirty little secrets, being in each others space and finding out how intense love really is. It can make one go a little crazy, or in my case, a complete and utter loon. It also has the ability to offer some rather amusing moments.

1) Yesterday, whilst going around Woolworths, I spotted the most adorable red-haired baby being pushed around in a trolley. We locked eyes and I made those ridiculous baby faces at her and waved like a mad woman. She smiled back at me and my womb literally melted inside me. The broodiness was hitting 9 on the Richter scale and I gently stroked my stomach in anticipation for a little wee monster of my own. I awoke from my stuper to see Mr H looking at me in alarm. I quickly pretended that nothing was wrong and nonchalantly picked up a packet of sliced cheese, I hate sliced cheese, only to see Mr H smiling doe-eyed at the baby. That was it, my heart exploded and I my knees started shaking as though I was doing an Irish jig. Nice thing about being married, we can both go ga ga for babies.

2) My Blackberry is like an extra part of me, so much so that it has now become a matter of much hilarious merriment in our household. It began a week ago. Mr H woke up in the middle of the night to find me tweeting on my phone, the thing is, I was asleep. I have no idea where that message went and I apologise to the poor soul who was woken up by complete rubbish. Then, two nights ago, Mr H woke up again to find me texting, the Blackberry way (two thumbs),  whilst asleep, on his arm. I have issues people! I think I need to go into therapy.
I dread to think what will happen next perhaps I'll start pressing random parts of his anatomy trying to get speed dial to work.

3) On Saturday, after The Great Food and Wine Pairing event of 2011 Mr H, myself and a good friend went to Fairview. By this point, I was on 7 full glasses of wine and had a relatively food-free stomach. After a further 6 glasses of Fairview wine, my friend and I proceeded to stick our heads into the large metal barrels and sing "Red, Red Wine" as well as the classic, "Hello....is it me your looking for". We were then asked by a Capetonian if we were tourists and whether we would like her to take a picture of us. What did Mr H do? Smiled, waved, and waited patiently for me to remove myself from the floor.

What a swell guy I'm married to.

2 comments:

  1. Aaawh! How sweet & hilarious at the same time, using his anatomy as an analogy for speed dial. Ha ha! Totally cracked me up. Congratulations on your 8months :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on 8 months! Tweeting in your sleep?! LOVE it! :) haha.

    ReplyDelete