Thursday, 27 October 2011

Nudity in the Kitchen

It’s nearing the end of the month. How do I know this? Because my fridge and cupboards are so bare you could arrest them for indecent exposure. Each morning I wake up with the difficult task of trying to make a decent lunch out of packets of jelly (I hate jelly), a few dented tins of chickpeas, Quinoa which I still have no idea how to cook and a rather soft cucumber.
Note how one never ever runs out of the stuff you don’t want to eat such as smoked mussels (yuck, they belong to Mr H) and a whole basket of spices. Oh and I have a poo load of pasta which I can’t eat.

Anyway, before the great famine of Oct 2011, this is what I used to eat. (Excuse the drawings, I’m not gifted)
 
A banana That yellow object
Two Rice cakes with peanut butter on them I know they look like eggs
Half an avocado
Tuna That pink splodge on the side of the plate
Cherry tomatoes.

Though the drawing is not appetising, it is a pretty damn delish meal.

However, now I am effectively eating tumble-weed.
Ok, so it isn't that dyer but for past few days I've been living off carrots and home-made hummus which, without Tahini is pretty gross.

But tonight is the night ladies and gentlemen, I'm going to go and seduce some food aisles and make out with some fresh vegetables in Fruit n' Veg. It's going to be a pretty well-deserved date.

Pinned Image

2 comments:

  1. Hahahaha! Know the feeling - what the heck was up with October 2011? Pretty much the.worst.month.ever!

    Got paid on Tuesday and did a very seductive batch of grocery shopping yesterday... think my fridge's belly is happy again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to get the groceries tonight. I think I need to treat myself too....Lindt chocolate maybe?

    ReplyDelete