Tuesday, 4 October 2011

Queen of Tarts

Yesterday marked my first tweet-meet with fellow cake lovers at the Grand Daddy Hotel and it was amazing. I've put on an extra few kilos and am having to wear elasticated pants to work but it was totally worth it. What's more, I won this amazing Queen of Tarts apron for my goodies from Kareema Jamie

The location was the Versace Lounge which we had all to ourselves and it was perfect for our Bake-off. With two bottles of champage, cakes set out around us and little score cards to mark all the creations, we began to fill our tummies.


 All the entries were delicious and, barring one, were home made. I was so impressed with everyone.

We started with Spinach and Feta Samosas. (The overall winner and a very clever idea to bring savouries admist everything sweet)

Then we had Banana Cake, mini Scones and Carrot Cake. (Yes, someone did bring 3 baked goodies)

Followed by Coconut Macarons

Caramamel Shortbread which was a joint second

Chocolate Fudge Brownies

Red Velvet Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting

And the finale was Chocolate Caramel Fudge Cake which was also a joint second.

I don't think I've eaten so much ever but it was so great to be with all these fab girlies who I've "met" over Twitter and who I can now put a face to. You girls rock!
Can't wait for our next one, home-made Pizza and wine with 30 seconds thrown in.........

1 comment:

  1. Aaah so sweet! What an awesome day, I think I may have eaten my weight in cake, but it was well worth it. Now to hit the treadmill, while dreaming up lovely savoury delights for the next meet up.30 seconds is a definite must! Thanks for a lovely time 'Queen of Tarts'. :D

    ReplyDelete