Monday, 12 December 2011

The most wonderful time of the year


Pinned Image

No doubt you've heard sleigh bells ringing and children screaming for presents that cost a prosthetic arm and a leg. However, I have not yet felt the Christmas cheer but that may be because I've have been back-achingly busy over these past few weeks or it may be because I am so used to a cold and Wintery Christmas that right now, it feels too much like a normal Summer month.
My mum has her tree up and it looks rather bizarre, not that I don't like it because I love me a good Christmas tree, it's just looking rather wrong in the brilliant sunshine.
You see, I need the bitter cold, the ice, the potential for snow. I want to wake up and be able to see my breathe and then to have mulled wine at ever given point in the day. I would like to make mince pies and chocolate log cake and then, in the evenings, light the fire and watch some festive-inspired movie. But, 'I Want' never gets you anywhere so instead, I'm looking forward to waking up to daylight. Putting beers in the deep freeze for the chill factor. Drinking glasses of cool bubbly and snacking on biltong and nuts. If it gets too much for me, I may just put on the air-con and sit under it wearing a scarf and hat.

2 comments:

  1. Nothing quite like a Christmas Braai, ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't like mince pies, but everything else about your cold winter christmas sounds marvelous. Now I want to go to Europe for the holidays.

    I take it your mood (the one where you wanted to buy a one way ticket to England - and promised to take me with you) did not last very long then?!

    ReplyDelete