Monday, 16 January 2012

Man's best friend


This is Mr H's baby, Mia (pronounced My-a). She is his Princess and also, the madam who pretty much runs the house. She looks sweet, because she truly is and though in the past I was never one for pets and the like, I now cannot imagine life without her. It's true what they say about dogs:

"Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring--it was peace."
- Milan Kundera

She came to us from Mr H's mum and from the start, we babied her and made a fuss of her.This was her first bath and she gave us these mournful eyes as if to say 'Why are you doing this to me, I like being a mess'..


We were stern when it came to being house trained. *cough* this is where I must interject upon myself, we got Mia when I was still living in England so I got to be with her for a month and then I left to leave Mr H to do all the dirty work. Best decision ever. No mopping up 'accidents'. But now I am here and we are in our house and I get involved with keeping the Precious happy.


Of course, being a Labrador, she is extremely active but we like going for walks with her and playing games. Labs also eat a lot, they don't know when to stop and she has these big brown eyes that just scream 'Feed me Mummy'. She also has a habit of digging, Lab owners I can hear you sighing now, yes, they just dig and dig. And we have tried putting pepper on her nose and rubbing sand in it and then putting mesh over the holes but she likes Pepper, doesn't mind the sand and carefully digs around the mesh. But no matter what she does, she knows that Daddy is too much of a softy to stay cross with her.


We're thinking of getting a friend for her and have our sights set on this baby. Isn't he so cute!
Pinned Image

Obviously, we are not wanting to breed with them, it would be a purely platonic relationship with no shared bowls of spaghetti bolognese but there will be plenty of long walks on the beach.

I'll leave you now with this awesome bit of wisdom:

"In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semihuman. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog."

Edward Hoagland

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog!
    would you mind following each other on bloglovin? :)

    Love,
    Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete