Friday, 18 May 2012

Things I've learnt in my absence


1) Cassis make the best Macarons in Cape Town. For R6 each, they fill your whole body with joy. (I've eaten 8 this week!)
2) My Gran is truly a technological whiz. She's been helping me with planning my parents 25th and even though she is miles away in England, we still communicate everyday via Facebook
3) The Avengers has changed my life. That blue cube that everyone was after? Well, I'd like to be it if it meant Loki kept trying to find me... *swoon*
4) Woodstock has the worst drivers ever! I've been wrongly fined, hit twice, almost hit thrice and have had a war of words with a dozen taxi drivers. I've reached boiling point on many an occasion.
5) My beautiful friend is pregnant. I'm so happy for her and I can't wait to throw her a gender reveal party for all the family and friends.
6) I haven't lost my writing ability, it had just taken an extended vacation due to a lack of cookies.
7) Thick hair is wonderful. I have a mane. I'm a bit of a beast. It is unruly and often unmanageable but I wouldn't change it. It's perfect for keeping my ears warm and it blocks out a lot of unnecessary chatter too.
8) I have amazing friends who would bend over backwards for me....okay, that isn't exactly new to me but I just felt like reiterating the point. I love you guys.
9) I can sew. I've turned my hand to making fabric roses and turning old tops into stunning works of amateur art. My fingers don't like me much though.
10) Give me tissue paper and I can make you pretty much anything. I can't wait to show you the pics of all the preparation I have been doing for this Saturday's party for my parents.

image from here

3 comments:

  1. Lovely list :) Love to see your sewing projects. Learn to sew is on my to-do list. Have a beautiful weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 8 in a week? That is will power! I would eat 8 in a day!!! ;) lol. Looking forward to the pics of the party! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've only now read this post... Thank you for documenting somewhere in this world those precious few weeks in my life however fleeting it was. You're wonderful.

    ReplyDelete