Monday, 18 June 2012

For my Father

My Father is not like earthly men. He's a giant, but not neccessarily in height, he's a hero, but not necessarily the caped kind and he is strong - but not too strong that he can't sit in my sorrow and cry with me. He has been a huge influencing factor in my life. He has kept me in check when my mouth has gotten me into trouble and my actions have been unforgiveable. He has continued to love me even when I have caused him and my mum great amounts of pain. And he has always kept a sense of humor when the world has struck him cruelly.

We are very much a like. We both sometimes forget to think before we speak. We can sometimes be un-empathic but we do love dishing out hugs and always want to find an instant fix to people's hurts. We laugh like we're going to wet our pants and we are a little too overzealous but I wouldn't have him, or even myself, any other way.

It's not very often that you find a Dad who challenges and motivates you and believes you are the bee's knees and whilst I am still growing, he's always got my back.

So, here's to you, Oh brave and wonderful warrier. You who have carried me without fail. I loves ya Pa.

3 comments:

  1. Nice blog!! would you mind following each other via bloglovin? :)
    xx

    /Malin @ http://fashionfied.tk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree he is a wonderful warrior,husband,father and minister and of course friend.

    ReplyDelete