Wednesday, 6 June 2012

Rainbow Nation


After yesterday's post I feel a wave of new positivity. I had so many comments from people who have and are experiencing the same turmoil as I am and who have a mixed cultural and racial family. What stood out for me was the united desire to see South Africa's youth be educated away from the misconceptions that are spread now. To see parents step up to teach and demonstrate a spirit of love and kindness of all races to their children. To start seeing the personality and individuality in people first before you see the skin tone.
Thank you for all the comments, let's keep it going and I shall leave you with this wonderful quote:

Racism is not about how you look,
it's about how people assign meaning to how you look.
Robin D.G. Kelley

No comments:

Post a Comment