Friday, 27 July 2012

Scumbagz


Look what I made! Yes, I have tried my hand at sewing and I'm pretty impressed with myself. That beautiful white Labrador is my baby Ferdi who is a mischevous little imp at the best of times and at the worst of times he has chewed through two of his beds, a pool triangle, food bowls, plants and on more than one occasion has managd to climb shelves to reach his food. To fix the bed problem, Mr H decided that instead of us forking out R700+ on a new place to rest, we should look into making him one ourselves. We took a trip to a fabric shop in Somerset West and stocked up on a waterproof outter, a sturdy inner, zips, foam filling and we designed a handle. The next step was to get in touch with my sewing machine and VOILA, the Scumbagz dog bedz were born. And then Mr H and I got more creative and started a bit of a production line from our lounge. I'm not sure if it was because of a mixture of amazement that me, loud and clumsy me, could make something liike that or because it was the joy of seeing our two furry babies sleeping next to each other on a bed of my own creation, but we can't seem to stop and have already had orders for the bedz. Maybe I am a bit of a Martha Stewart at heart.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! These are awesome, great work there with the sowing machine ;-)

    ReplyDelete