Tuesday, 28 May 2013

Tuesday Thoughts

1) I have yet to find someone in Cape Town who can cut my hair the way I want it, a la England. Over here, I say I want layers and shortness at the back and they make it a bob. Is it because the hairdressers I have been to are coloured and my hair acts white?
2) I can hold my breath for 2 minutes which comes in handy when Mr H likes to revert back to caveman tendancies.
3) "Ain't nobody got time for that", can be used at anytime when one feels overwhelmed, underwhelmed or just 'whelmed'.
4) Everyone is getting pregnant. It would seem that most of my friends/acquaintances got together and decided to all do the 1,2,3, "we're preggers" game. Now I'm surrounded by bumps, hormones and hot flushes. Does it make me broody? As I take a swig of wine and look at my toes, no!
5) Recently I developed this annoying habit of googling the plot for every movie I am about to watch. It's as though the act of enjoying character and story-line development is too much for me. I.Must.Know.Everything.Now!
6) Having Puppies seriously ruins your sleep patterns. Currently, Mr H and I are operating on two hours sleep a night for 9 days now. To say I'm irritable and brain-dead would be an understatment. Everyday I look at myself in the mirror and see a darker shade of purple under my eyes.
7) Having Puppies also brings out your slightly anal maternal side. I eye Mr H very carefully when he holds them and don't allow anyone to even breathe their way.
8) I have a marriage more beautiful than my wedding.
9) I am besotted with this jewelery range by Kallie.
10) My new favorite breakfast is double cream Greek yogurt with some tropical magic. Take one of Mr H's passion fruits (he grows them so well), a teaspoon of vanilla and golden sugar then heat it up till it bubbles, pour over the yogurt and BAM, the best smelling (and tasting) breakfast ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment