Tuesday, 5 November 2013

When someone tells me I'm too pale...

 


I am pale of skin (weirdly enough because my father is coloured - read about that here). I am so pale in fact, I often go as a bed sheet to dress-up parties.
If I need to disappear briefly, I just throw some blank paper in the air and immerse myself in the down-fall.

This is my natural state, so when someone comments on this and says I look ill, tired, dejected or as though I have been living under a rock, I get a little puzzled.

It's like me turning to a black person and telling them to lay off the sunshine.

My main concern is that, as a 25 year old, I am very keen on keeping my skin as healthy looking as possible. I drink 2 + liters of water a day and I exercise regularly. I wear a high factor face cream and I don't wear a lot of make-up just so that my skin can breathe. All this, to preserve the 'paleness' of my existence.

So what do I do in a situation when my whiteness gets called into question, not much. Maybe write a blog post and apply some more factor 50....and then let the tears fall.


1 comment: