Tuesday, 20 May 2014

25 going on 70: Confessions of a 25 year old


This will be my last year as a young twenty year old. 
In my eyes, once past 25, the game starts to change and people start thrusting more responsibility upon you. You no longer fit the 21 - 24 category, but must tick 25 - 30. Ouch. I feel as if I'm going to be contained, boxed, and robbed of my youth as soon as I hit 26 in July.

Imagine what I'll be like when I hit 30!

With these birthday blues fast approaching (D-Day is on the 1st July), it has made me contemplate the past year; I've now been in SA for 4 years, married for 3 and have been without my parents for 2 since they moved back to the U.K. 2013-2014 has been crazy with ongoing house renovations and puppies, but it's been an excellent year for growth and I've changed in many ways.


As I continue with life's journey, here are some things I now know from being 25:

1) I know what I want out of life and know that I must make the plans if I am to reach those goals. When you're younger, depending on your background of course, things are easier. Responsibilities are less and your parents don't mind helping you out. Now I have a husband...just kidding....he spends more than I do.



2) I know who I am. I don't try and hide the fact that I have b**** face (see here for details). I don't try to impress people in a manner that belies what I feel and believe in and I don't feel the need to pander to acquaintances, unless at work. Saying that, I am trying, under guidance from Mr H, to curb said "hard-arse" tendencies.

3) Following on from the above, I'm so over the whole "I've missed you so much and can't wait to see you, let's make a plan"....and then silence. I'm no longer interested. If you want to make a plan, then make it, don't be lazy and expect me to do the work.

4) Taking off your jeans feels way better than taking off your bra.

5) Disney gets better the older you get - anyone looked at Disney Bound? Epic.

6) My hands get achy when it gets cold and I'm going grey - thanks Mum for those genes.

7) You have to follow baking recipes exactly. No deviations. Cooking is far more freeing.

8) The more I think about having kids, the more I want my freedom and to never share my husband. I want to travel, take Mr H to see my family in the U.k, do the wine regions of California and NZ...I want to be everywhere.

9) I will never be able to do mornings. Ever.

10)  Socks must always match.

11) The older I get, the more I appreciate my parents *teary eyed*

12) Nothing beats knowing that you share your bed with your best friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment